This web site is about complexity itself.
- Topics. In addition to General articles, content is organized into four categories:
- Introduction, a discussion of paths and experiences which lead to appreciation of complexity.
- Life as Order, in which I consider complexity from a deeper perspective including ontology and epistemology.
- Complexity and Systems, a consideration of complexity from a scientific or third person perspective.
- Complexity and Uncertainty, a consideration of complexity from an individual or first person perspective.
- Readings. A combination of reviews and notes pertaining to selected books and articles which I found useful in development understanding of complexity. (See note below)
- Complexity Articles
- Complexity Books
- Bibliography. A list of all books and articles referenced in this web site.
- Glossary. An annotated list of key terms and their meanings. Each entry contains my understanding of its meaning, as well as notes from readings, links to other web sites, and material from encyclopedias and dictionaries. Many articles on this web site contain links to glossary entries.
About the Author
John Fallows is a retired management consultant living in Calgary, Alberta.
For the Complexity Articles and Books discussed, Reading Level is indicated according to the following criteria:
- Basic. Introductory. Very little previous knowledge is needed to understand the material.
- Intermediate. A working knowledge of the subject is helpful, as well as possible some mathematics or philosophy.
- Advanced. Significant prior knowledge or advanced understanding of some fields is beneficial.